Competition Rules & Information
Our Digital Platform
We are a digital dance platform bringing dancers from all across the globe onto one platform providing dancers virtual and in person events across the UK. We will be running up to 3 preliminaries across the UK including our bespoke virtual digital dance competition which is the platform we are excited about the most.
Our Digital Preliminary Event will be streamed across one of our GMTV channels on the 1st & 2nd of May 2021. Workshops will be available for you to join while the competition is taking place.
Our National Competition will be streamed live for international entries and also an in person event held in a theatre for those who miss the stage and want the opportunity to perform again or simply do not have the resources to record their routines in a studio. The Judges will be present and watching both streamed and live performances. This will also help with social distancing. Please note dancers attending the event will be at a 50% capacity on a first come first serve basis. Entries will open on the following weekend of our preliminary last event.
Our National Event will be open to everyone who receives a silver medal or higher for their entry.
Championships will be the world’s first live in person and digital dance event streamed globally offering the following for you to tune into.
You heard it here first!
Global Motion is not only a dance competition. We will soon be announcing our full plans to become an online TV channel/event dedicated to the dance and performing arts industry. To name a few exciting elements:
– We are launching the world’s first dance and fitness wear online shopping channel, fully supported by a professional TV presenter and film crew, showcasing the latest dance and fitness trends, with exclusive offers for our viewers.
– Virtual College Tours, enabling students to get a closer look at the college/education facility they desire as well live chats with the principal, teachers, students and alumni.
– International workshops and masterclasses with international industry professionals and world class studios.
– The Competition will be broadcasted across this channel on the live event weekend. Be seen and noticed by UK and international talent scouts as well as schools/colleges and brands worldwide. The competition will offer a variety of prizes such as cash prizes, scholarships, photography shoots, brand giveaways, medals and trophies.
Supporting Mental Wellbeing
We are also very proudly partnered with Mind Charity. We feel that now more than ever, there needs to be a support network for our industry. Global Motion will be contributing £2 from every ticket to the online event to Mind Charity.
Where possible during the pandemic, we have been recording interviews covering mental health in the industry and how people are coping with the challenges the past year has brought upon us all.
Watch our Global Motion TV interviews with the likes of Broadway Dance Centre, Eden Dancewear, ICT, Move Your Mind, Platinum Performing Arts and Boys Dance Too.
Solo : 1 performer
Duet/Trio : 2-3 performers
Group : 4+ performers
Acro/Gymnastics - A routine that contains primarily gymnastic tricks, including, but not limited to walkover, front/back limbers, handstands, headstands, cartwheels, etc. There should be a blend of gymnastics and dance together.
Ballet: Routine that includes classical ballet steps and technique. Ballet slippers only.
Commercial/ Hip Hop/Street: Routine based on street movements or a derivative of this including commercial.
Contemporary/ Lyrical: Routine that combines both lyrical and modern movements. A combination of jazz and ballet techniques to slow music with lyrics to inspire movements to express emotions.
Ballroom/Latin waltz, foxtrot, tango, quickstep, and Viennese waltz. cha-cha, samba, jive, paso doble, and rumba.
Jazz: Routine: that consists of jazz technique.
Tap: Routine must include tap technique. No pre-recorded tap sounds in music.
Musical Theatre: Routine that features any style of dance that interprets a numbeer from a Broadway Show or Movie Musical. This can be a vocal, or dance.
Open: Routines in this category can either be a combination of multiple genres or ones that may not fall into any other dance division.
Vocal: Entry that is sung by the competitor live, backing vocals are allowed on the track but the competitor must sing the main vocal of the track.
If vocal you are only permitted to have backing vocals on the track.
This category is for entries who have little or no experience competing and/or are new to dance. This allows entries to experience the competition world and get a feel for the way things run. Novice entries are not eligible for title awards.
This category is for entries who have some experience with competing but are not yet at a competitive level. Intermediate entries are not eligible for title awards
This category is for experienced dancers. Those who have had a lot of training and previous competition experience. This category is eligible for all awards.
The age of competitors is taken as on 1st January 2021. Accuracy in birth dates is essential. Incorrect age may lead to disqualification and, in cases of doubt, a birth certificate may have to be produced.
Duo/Trio and group ages are determined by the average age of all the dancers
6 yrs and under
7 – 10 yrs
11 – 15 yrs
A £5 entry fee is required to enter for a chance to win Title. All Title entries will be judged during the performance of their chosen routine during the competition.
Title Awards will be given out during the award ceremony in which that solo routine was performed. Only dance solo entries are eligible for Title.
Dancers are eligible to win Title at more than one competition; however, this must be with a different routine. *If there is only one routine that is entered for Title in an age division, the routine must score at least 285 points out of 300 in order to receive the Title.*
Mini Miss/Mr. Dance (ages 6 and under)
Petite Miss/Mr. Dance (ages 7-9)
Junior Miss/Mr. Dance (ages 10-12)
Teen Miss/Mr. Dance (ages 13-15)
Senior Miss/Mr. Dance (ages 16-19)
Adult Miss/Mr. Dance (ages 20+)
Solos : 2:00 minutes
Duo/Trio : 3:00 minutes
Group : 4:00 minutes
Music & Video Uploas
All videos and music must be entered into your registration page on completion of your registration. Failure to do so may result in the participant/s not being able to enter.
The link to upload your video or music is found on the registration dashboard.
If attending our live in person events, please bring back up music on a iPod, iphone, iPad or computer for backup and any technical difficulties which may apply.
If your music stops due to a technicality in the theatre you will be allowed to dance again. However, you will not be allowed to dance again if you forget your dance or your music is the wrong track.
Please ensure all music is appropriate and does not contain swearing or explicit content. If found to be inappropriate points will be deducted.
Scores & Awards
Judging & Awards
All routines will be scored out of 300
290 – 300 points = Platinum Award
270 – 289 points = Gold Award
230 – 269 points = Silver Award
Up to 229 points = Bronze Award
Each Judge is able to Award 100 points
25 points for Technique
25 points for Performance
25 points for Musicality
25 points for Choreography
Category High Scores
Overall High Scores
Brand Give Aways
Feedback is a valuable part of our dance competitions, allowing industry professionals to give their comments live to every dancer.
As part of an entry with Global Motion the dancer will all receive audio feedback which gives those dancers recognition of the areas that they performed well and vital tips on how to improve in the future.
Giving you professional critiques to work on and high standard tips on how to make your routine stand out!
Global Motion awards medals to all competition entries. These medals will be collected at the live events and posted to all virtual entries.
We award a 1st, 2nd, 3rd place award in each performance category which is broken down by age, style and number of competitors.
At our championships event this is where you are in for the chance to win cash prizes for Location, Highest Solo, Duo Trio & Group Score (Groups will be Small Large & Production)
1. Entries must be made online within the allocated time frame to need the deadline before closing.
2. Payments must be made in full upon registration via our online payment system.
3. Global Motion reserves the right to give away your space if you fail to pay before the close of registration.
4. Late fees may occur.
5. This will show your entry number and time allocated to compete.
6. We will not be able to issue you with this information prior to the schedule being issued.
7. Entries are required to perform in their allocated slot.
8. Timing is subject to change and corrected at the time issued.
9. Any changes are at the discretion of Global Motion.
10. The judges decision is final.
11. Communication with the judges is strictly prohibited and will result in disqualification.
12. Global Motion reserve the right to add or take away additional days to the competition and also merge age groups or add or remove genres to best suit the competition.
13. Dancers may be required to present proof of age at competitions.
14. Dancers must produce identification on request failure to do so will result in disqualification.
15. Music and choreography must be age and entry appropriate.
16. At our live events no additional sound equipment may be used. Lighting will be set to one state throughout the competition.
17. All participants give Global Motion the right to video & photograph for promotional purposes.
18. Title entries can be made with a £5 fee at the time of registration.
19. Solo entries are not allowed to compete against themselves in a category.
20. Global Motion or our hosting venue are not responsible for any injury sustained whilst at our events.
21. You acknowledge that you are visiting at your own risk Global Motion are not responsible for the loss or damage of any personal property of participants and guests during our live events.
22. All fees are non-refundable or transferable.
23. In the event of technical difficulties Global Motion will endeavour to do its best to resolve them as swiftly as possible.
24. By attending our events you acknowledge that technical difficulties can arise through no fault of Global Motion.
25. Entries can be made through a studio or independently.
26. All payments made are non refundable and non transferable,
27. In the event of cancelation by event organisers full refunds will be made for the competition entry fees.
28. In the event of a third party cancellation that is out of our control i.e venue gets flooded, all routines are transferable but not refundable.
Global Motion only accepts payments online.
All payments must be referenced with the competitors or dance school name.
All payments must be made in full to complete the registration.
All entries that are not paid for in full by the closing date will not be allowed to compete.
NO REFUNDS- Except due to government restrictions on public gatherings which will be rescheduled
The schedule will be sent to all entries at 10 days prior to the start of the competition
Schedules are subject to change but will be confirmed no later than 7 days before the competition date.
Exact performance times will be released no later than 7 days before the competition and students must be prepared to compete on which ever day they have been assigned.
Every competition schedule is set up based solely on the breakdown of entries by solos, duets/ trios and groups for that particular event.
You will receive a unique entry number to each act, this is for reference and identification purposes.
For those performing at our live events please report stage five numbers before you are due to perform.
Changing your entry
Please note that you can enter information and make changes before completion and full payment has been received, after that NO changes will be permitted
Check your entries before completing
Please do not complete your registration until you are sure you do not want to make anymore changes
Please ensure song titles, dancers names, ages and routines are entered correctly by the closing date
Deleted, removed or edited routines
If you cancel or delete a routine that has been entered on to the online registration system you will be charged a £5 administration fee. Please do not enter any routine on to the system which you do not intend to compete.